Design technology workshops installation for schools
At Learning Space Solutions, we specialise in providing design technology workshop solutions to international schools. Along with our specialist partners, we provide intuitive design technology workshops. Our school DT workshop solutions include engineering and technical design, gas safety, and extraction solutions.
Find out more
For more information about our services fill in the form below.
Intuitive School design technology workshops
The DT workshops for school solutions we provide include three options.
- Our engineering and technical workshop service includes the CAD design, supply & installation, and commissioning of all workshop machinery, tools, accessories, and garage equipment. Your school’s design technology curriculum suits all our DT workshop design and installation services.
- Our DT school workshop solutions include delivering high-quality gas safety solutions. Our gas safety solutions include gas proving and isolation, gas detection, air quality monitoring and solenoid valves.
- We also offer the manufacture and sourcing of extraction systems. Extraction solutions include installing and commissioning all extraction systems and fire and smoke damper services. All extraction solutions are qualified and certified.
Design Technology Workshops Installation
To guarantee the safety of our workshop solutions, we ensure that:
- Our workshop design service is BIM compliant. This includes condition reports and legacy audits for a long-term, cost-effective learning space.
- Certified gas, electrical, and mechanical engineers comprise our installation team to ensure it meets all legal requirements.
- Engineers are gas-safe registered and BOHS qualified.
- We meet compliance from start to finish. We adhere to the regulation HSG258, BS4163:2014 and the HSE advisory Building Bulletin 81 & PUWER 98 requirements.
- On-site training is part of the design and installation package. We also provide comprehensive service and maintenance packages for DT machinery maintenance for testing and compliance in your workshop.
DT Workshop Machinery Maintenance
Alongside our design and installation, we also provide DT machinery maintenance. Maintenance for machinery encompasses many tasks, such as assessing the overall condition of machinery and conducting necessary tests and adjustments.
Regular machine maintenance reduces health and safety risks and improves machine efficiency. Several reasons for conducting maintenance on all DT machinery in your department, including:
- Ensuring the machinery is in optimal working condition.
- Extending the working lifespan of equipment.
- Safeguarding the health and safety of students and staff.
- Minimising the financial cost of a breakdown.
- Maximising the efficiency of machines.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines.
Adhering to health and safety laws often requires thorough machinery testing and servicing. Sufficient training is also necessary for situations where someone’s safety could be at risk. This is to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
Also, the quality and maintenance of DT equipment impact risk assessments. The department can integrate feedback from inspectors into its risk assessment. Risk assessments can influence the frequency of machine maintenance.
Learning environments that often use machinery will require more frequent inspections. Manufacturers may also offer guidance on serving machinery, contributing to an effective maintenance schedule.
Design technology training programmes for schools
Alongside our comprehensive DT workshop design and installation service, we offer high-quality training and support programmes for DT departments. We design all training consultancy programs around the requirements and needs of your department. Professional consultants conduct training to ensure quality and safety.
Designed By Me Consultancy Ltd provides our training and maintenance service through our partnership. All courses are bespoke and tailored to aid the professional development of staff and the department.
With over 25 years of experience teaching design technology, Mark Elwell operates training consultancy programs. Mark also has experience as head of department and head of faculty.
Mark holds a BA in Design and Technology with Education and a P601 LEV. He is also a lead health and safety consultant for D&TA and a committee member for the CLEAPSS Steering Group. Mark helps promote effective and quality practical work in STEM in this steering group.
Training programmes we cover include machinery training, technician training, and machine services, alongside health and safety audits. Skills-based training and CPD training are also available. The training courses provided cover national curriculums across all key stages.
Initial Primary school courses are available for Key Stage 1 and 2, alongside more advanced secondary and post-16 (Key Stage 3-5). Learn more about our health and safety training & DT machinery maintenance services.
Why choose us?
- Over 90 successful International School projects completed.
- Work closely with academic and project teams to develop learning space designs that meet each school’s unique teaching pedagogy.
- Our global experience enables us to design creative and practical solutions to meet the aspirations of each client, providing a foundation for both teacher and student success.
- Specialists in Design Technology, STEM, Art, Flexible Learning Spaces and Libraries
- Sustainability is at the heart of our business, supporting schools with the carbon zero school’s framework and helping them to achieve their sustainability goals.
Join our Mailing List
Join our mailing list and keep up to date with all the latest news and information.