Health & Safety Training
Health and safety in design and technology is a top priority for staff and students in the (D&T) departments. To ensure your D&T departments are safe and comply with regulations and codes of practice, we provide Health and Safety audits, D&TA accreditation training and machinery maintenance.
Find out more
For more information about our services fill in the form below.
Health and safety training
Alongside the Health and Safety audit, we also offer any of the elements from the D&TA accreditation scheme. The accreditation is designed to ensure that all staff working in or around a DT department is fully trained and works by the BS4163 code of practice when using machinery and tools to minimise risks to health.
The training we provide follows the accreditation scheme, enabling any staff members, including technicians, TAs, and NQTs, to be fully trained, whether completing all or part of the training program.
The training is designed around the machinery in your school’s working environment. Depending on the program chosen and the number of machines, the training program will either be a one-day or two-day course. Some of the training options we have available:
- Basic DT teachers’ day, including band saw, circler saw, pillar drill, sanding machines, power fret saw, hand tools and basic power tools (drills and sanders).
- Turners’ day, including centre lathe (metal) and Wood lathe training.
- Metal machining day, including centre lathe (metal), milling machine and grinding.
- Power tools day, including router, reciprocating saw, circular saw, biscuit jointer, angle grinder, power planer, drills, and sanders.
- Hot metal day, including brazing hearth, forge work, pewter casting, and aluminium casting.
Other training options available include:
- Non-DT teacher machine training day to train non-DT staff to safely use machinery
- Annual machine servicing
- Bespoke training programmes
Why choose us?
- Over 90 successful International School projects completed.
- Work closely with academic and project teams to develop learning space designs that meet each school’s unique teaching pedagogy.
- Our global experience enables us to design creative and practical solutions to meet the aspirations of each client, providing a foundation for both teacher and student success.
- Specialists in Design Technology, STEM, Art, Flexible Learning Spaces and Libraries
- Sustainability is at the heart of our business, supporting schools with the carbon zero school’s framework and helping them to achieve their sustainability goals.
Join our Mailing List
Join our mailing list and keep up to date with all the latest news and information.